Tuesday, January 02, 2007

a little fall of rain

So this post is probably, most likely, and in all reality going to be edited or added to later in the evening, but I had some thoughts that I felt like getting down while they were fresh. And, as I was just about to settle into reading for a while, now is as good a time as any.

My birthday was last Friday. Probably the most enjoyable birthday I have had in a very long time. And, if not for the fact that the conference call confirming that my employment will be ending soon hadn't come on the same day, it would have been all around a very nice day. As it turns out, I got a little left-over snow from Thursday so everyone was paranoid and our office was closed so I didn't have to go down to the office for aforementioned (wow, i spelled that right the first try, before i even looked it up!!!) conference call. And because there was snow, I got to shovel a little bit. Quite an enjoyable way to get a workout. Then I spent the day with some friends who had no clue that it was my birthday until we all went to my parents house for supper. (I have decided that it is more relaxing for me the less other people plan for my birthday, so I usually don't remind anyone of my birthday)

The disturbing part of the day was the traditional wish before blowing out the candles. For some reason, I usually end up making some stupid wish about getting something that I want or something totally unrealistic. Typical wish stuff, but for somehow it is still hard for me to think of even the cheesy stuff to wish for when the time comes. And then there was this year... I just freaking froze! Couldn't think of anything. Course, it didn't help that my parents decided to start throwing ideas at me even before I remembered that I did, indeed, need to make a wish. And, as a matter of course, I have never been one to enjoy other's suggestions. Don't really know why, but in instances like this, or how to start a report, or ideas for science projects, etc., I have always set myself against my entire life. So of course I couldn't take any of the suggestions that they were hurling at me, and with having to try to block them out, and think at the same time, all while watching the candles burn down and start to drip wax on my cup cakes...I just couldn't do it. At least, I couldn't with the other stupid things that my brain decided to whisper to me then. Like the fact that everyone there was going to know what I wished for if I actually wished for what I really wanted to right then (the only thought that actually would enter my head). But I couldn't wish for it if everyone was going to know what it was, cause then it wouldn't come true. So, admist all the confusion, I just half-closed my eyes for a split second and then blew out the candles. I had a thought in my head for what I wanted to wish, but even as the words "I wish for" were passing through my mind, I told myself "I can't atually wish for that" and by then I was already blowing out the candles only getting as far in my wish as "I wish for". So pretty much just wasted that wish. Or maybe not. We shall see.


mood: whole lot better today than yesterday
music: just the iTunes, but a lot of stuff that I haven't listened to for a while

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home