Saturday, August 26, 2006

numbers

I just went over the 2700 song mark on my iTunes. I know that that may not seem like a lot of songs to some of you, but I'm pretty excited about it. And I still have plenty of cds to load onto my computer at some point. It's just a matter of getting motivated...

Also this week...I hit the 100,000 mile "milestone" on my truck. I am excited about this, but slightly sad as well. Sad mostly because most of the driving that I have done in it has been for work. The other day I looked at the notebook that I record my mileage in for work to see what it was at when I started getting compensated, a whole whopping three months ago, and I have been averaging more than three thousand miles a month since then!!! That is way too much driving for a job. Granted I get some nice relaxing, scenic drives out of it at times; but more often than not it is just them deciding to send me to opposite ends of town on the same day. Oh well. Guess I shouldn't complain too much about it. I get paid for it, right.? I sure hope I'm getting paid for it.

Well, I gotta go. Why? Cause I get to drive to work, on a Saturday, to drop off my hours for this week and pick up my work for Monday morning. You may be asking why I have to do this on a Saturday. I'll tell ya. Because I get to be up in Winter Park between 8and9 Monday morning and that would be a little better than a two hour drive from our office...meaning it would be logistically impossible for me to be at the officce Monday morning. So I get to waste half of a nice Saturday afternoon doing work crap.

Maybe I should look for a job that I would really enjoy. But that's the thing. I actually do like the job that I have right now. And it could be a really great job, if ... I'll just stop right there seen as how it's really not going to help anything by going on anyway.

Don't you hate it when your skin is peeling underneath all your leg hair? It's really hard to peel it off!!


mood: hungry, very hungry

music: I Think I'll Just Stay Here And Drink -Merle Haggard

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been at work for 12 hours today. Today is Saturday. And I'm coming back tomorrow. No complaining about going down to drop stuff off...
kathy

Sat Aug 26, 09:23:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home