Sunday, January 07, 2007

i'd do anything

Finished another book today. Borrowed Eragon from a friend. Not a bad book. Little bit like LOTR, but really, comparing the two would be a slap in the face to Tolkien. So I'm just not going to go there. Eragon was a 700+ page book that I read in about a week. This alone means it is nowhere near LOTR. Usually it would take me at least two weeks to read 700 pages, unless all I was doing was reading. I will admit that it was at least an entertaining read. Not too many slow parts to get bogged down in or anything. But, unless the movie is absolutely aweful, I don't imagine that it is going to be one of those things were the book will necessarily be better than the movie; and thus worth reading if a person doesn't watch the movie. But I haven't seen the movie yet, and don't really intend to run out and spend $8 to watch in a theatre, so I couldn't say for sure that this is true.

And now that I have read Eragon I have to read the other two books, just so that I know what happens. At least it shouldn't take too long to read them if I can get through them as fast as I did the first book. Gives me something to do I guess. Just need to find someone I can borrow them from cause the friend I borrowed Eragon from only had that one and not the last two! Of all the nerve. Get me started on a trilogy and then tell me you only have the first book!

This weekend seemed very short. And I don't even have to go to work tomorrow...

But I do still have to be at basketball practice at 6 a.m. Yuck.

mood: awake
music: "Towards the End" -- Within Temptaion

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the second on in hardback, but I haven't read it yet. I probably won't. Just can't seem to find the energy to care. The third book isn't out yet.

And the movie, I heard from various people, sucked. But again, I lack the motivation to find out for myself. The first book wasn't good enough to propel me into the proper interest.

Mon Jan 08, 06:51:00 AM MST  
Blogger klev said...

At this point I would read the second one. But only cause I am thinking it would only take me another few days/week to get through it. But I may just start on re-reading some Shakespeare or something instead...

Mon Jan 08, 08:44:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home