Thursday, May 01, 2008

cali

So I went to the book store last night. And not just any book store. The Tattered Cover. In Denver. Been there once before, but that was like maybe 13 years ago. Pretty cool place. And it's actually open till 11, so I may get to go there again as it seems I have problems making it to places that close at or before 9.

Watched most of Dan In Real Life on Monday night. Pretty good movie. I missed some of the beginning of it, but the rest was decent. Not quite as funny as expected, but the subject matter was a little on the heavier side (emphasis on the "little") so not a ton of over the top comedy, but it was nice. And there were still plenty of times that I found myself laughing. Kind of reminded me of a cross between The Family Stone and well, maybe more just a spin off of that one.

Also watched The Kingdom on Monday. That's the one with Jamie Foxx and the Alias chick. This was actually a pretty good movie too. Little political, but definitely not overly so. Some action, but not tons.

If you only have time to watch one of these movies, I would take Dan in Real Life.

Or just wait till tomorrow and go see Iron MAn in the theatre. Going to be a sweet! movie. Can't hardly wait!

And welcome to May in Colorado. It's snowing again.

EDIT:

Almost forgot... Also, it's not to the stage of drama yet, but I can feel the plot building and tensions rising, so I'm just going to call it drama as that is what it amounts to in my life... Seems like some drama on the very close horizon in the world of women in my life. In other words, I may be asking someone out in the near future. But just how, when, where, and why is a whole nother story. For now I would just be happy if the whole situation would let me get through a day without developing a level five headache. And that's all for now.


music: no idea, but I like it

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you're getting bad headaches when it comes to a girl...that's not necessarily a good sign there buddy! :) you know who to call if you need to chat. love you little brother!!

Thu May 01, 08:21:00 AM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

It's not necessarliy that it's a girl...sort of more than one. And a couple meddeling women....grr.

Thu May 01, 04:56:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh well then definately worthy of headaches i guess... i wish we had a tattered cover here. That place is cool! jk

Fri May 02, 10:25:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Kathy said...

You should probably email me. Especially since I thought you had died since you hadn't posted in so long.

Sat May 03, 04:47:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, the Tattered Cover. I heart it so. To the extent that every six months or so I contemplate quitting my job and going to work at the Tattered, because I think it would heal my soul.

Sun May 04, 09:02:00 AM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

Kathy, I really should email you. Been meaning to now for like the last three months... And Jess, the TC is a great place but it doesn't really look like it would pay too great so you'd probably have to at least cut your travel budget out so you could eat. But it really is a pretty cool book store.

Mon May 05, 07:47:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home