Sunday, August 27, 2006

the fruitfulness of nothingness

Weekends are wonderful things. I am pretty sure that I did almost nothing productive this entire weekend; and I liked it. I atually did do things, for once, just nothing productive.

Tonight was a little sad. I watched the Emmys. And I wanted to. I fully intened to watch all three long hours of it. However, after watching the first two hours, rather impatiently, I opted to watch a rerun of Grey's Anatomy instead of the end of the Emmys. Good choice.

I did happen to see that The Office won. And WOW! In watching the show I have always thought that the girl who plays Pam, Jenna Fischer, was pretty cute. But she has to play a receptionist that isn't really trying to be too attractive. So when I saw her up on the stage tonight...WOW! She is really quite a beautiful person.

And that's all I'll say on that subject.

One other Emmy note. I have really started to like Conan O'Brien in the last year or so. Used to not like him so much; never really thought he was too funny. But lately, much funnier. As you may know, he was hosting the Emmys this year. Probably my favorite thing I heard all day was when he was doing his opening monolouge for the night and said "It's my second year hosting, and as you'll see tonight, the third time's the charm." Ok, not the funniest line ever. Pretty much your first year comedy writer could come up with that. But the fact that it took as long as it did for all the brainiacs sitting in the audience to figure it out...that was funny.

I really like Creed. I know they are so "like yesterday" but I have been listening to them more the last couple of days and I have to say that I'm likin it.

Well, I'm off to bed to digest the entire pizza I ate tonight.


mood: actually looking forward to morning

music: 3 A.M. -Matchbox Twenty, acoustic recording (awesome, awesome, awesome)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home