Tuesday, October 31, 2006

getting too old for this

I am a pathetically slow reader. I have known this for quite some time now, and I am ok with it. It still would be nice if I could read faster though. And as far as the days of staying up late reading a good book go...not so much anymore. I was going to try to read for an hour last night before I went to sleep. Just read from eleven to twelve. Sounds simple. Easy. Nope. Made it to about 11:35 I think. Pathetic. Oh well.

Painted the rest of my room today. Paint is expensive. Glad I have a small room.

While I was at Home Depot picking up my paint late this afternoon I ran into a guy I know from church who works for (is fairly high up, i think) a contruction company. He asked me who I was working for and if I was happy. Had to think about that question for all of half a second. Not especially. So he gave me his card and told me to call him tomorrow. They just lost a couple of guys. Sounds like it could be a really good opportunity! Definitely going to give him a call. I am thinking, if it does work out, that I may have to take a little bit of a hit in the pay department, but it also sounds like I would be getting more hours than I am now, so it would probably be about the same. Definitely excited about this! Pretty cool how God leads our every step throughout the day.

The sister is coming tomorrow!

I love hot, fresh cookies. And when there is a big jug of milk handy to chug out of...even better! I know, I know. I'm not supposed to drink out of the jug. It's gross or something. But when you can drink a quart or more at a time, it is just easier. And I'm all about working smarter, not harder.


mood: suprisingly good (although it would be nice if i could remember how to spell "suprising". i've always had problems with that squirly little devil)
music: "Reason Why" - Rachael Yamagata

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

surprising. :)

Wed Nov 01, 11:28:00 PM MST  
Blogger klev said...

thanks for the help, cous. that is you, isn't it?

Thu Nov 02, 10:01:00 PM MST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of cooouuurrse. I'm glad you still remember me. ha ha

Fri Nov 03, 12:21:00 PM MST  
Blogger klev said...

remember you?! how could i forget you!!!!

Fri Nov 03, 02:41:00 PM MST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, I'm that bad, huh? Jk. Someday I'm gonna come visit you...as soon as I get some extra money and time!

Sat Nov 04, 06:06:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home