Sunday, October 22, 2006

is it raining

So, I've been a little on the non-communicative side of things the last couple of days. Not for lack of want (i sat here one night for half and hour and couldn't figure out how to say anything and then did the same thing on an e-mail i wanted to send). But I think the 'ol brain may have cleared up a bit over the weekend and I should be good to go for the week ahead.

Exciting news! The sweatshirt is apparently celebrating its eightyth year of existance this fall. Don't want to think what sort of place this world would be without the sweatshirt. What a beautiful giver of comfort and warmth. Which reminds me, I still owe myself a new one...

World Series is tied 1-1. Nice to see a good, close series when you don't really care too much about one team or the other. But I would like to see Detroit win. They just seem to be a little more fun to watch.

Think I may be close to moving out of my parents house again. Hopefully for the last time this time. But, if everything goes through, I should be able to start moving my stuff sometime towards the end of the week. "And there was much rejoicing." More on this later.

College football was a little on the slow side this weekend. Just ask the announcers. Watching/listening on the radio on more than one occasion and in more than one game the announcers were talking about how exciting it was to watch the punters punt the ball. Really. I am not making this up. Wouldn't think up this kind of stuff on my own. Punters are important, but never, ever have I heard anyone consider them exciting. And I didn't really have much time today to watch any NFL games, just a quarter or two really. But it looked like there were some good games going on.

I get to be an assistant coach for the basketball team this year. It's at the school I graduated from out here in Denver. Should be good times. I'm excited about actually getting to be at practice all the time and learning more stuff myself. Cause I only got to play basically one year in high school myself, so I have not been coached a whole lot myself. Think this could really help me. And I get to maybe help some of the kids too, which could be cool. I have thought, at times, that maybe I should have gone into teaching or coaching or something along those lines, but I just couldn't really ever bring myself to think that I would actually like doing that all the time. But this way I still get to do that a little bit. And it is really just more of an assistant to the coach than an assistant coach. So there isn't a whole lot of pressure on me or anything either. But it should make for a nice busy winter. And that is always a good thing. Going to need to get a DVR though so I can keep up on The Office.

People who can't feel their lower lip and chin can provide good entertainment when eating ice cream.

Only one and a half weeks until my sister comes to see me!


mood: need to read
music: "Push" - Matchbox Twenty

4 Comments:

Blogger klev said...

i know you couldn't really do anything about your problem, Kathy. that is why i didn't put your name at the end of my remark. i had it there, and then i deleted it. and then i put it back there. and deleted it again.

Mon Oct 23, 11:04:00 AM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so kind, brian. i am lucky to have you as a friend. and you should explain the moving thing to us, especially since you didn't even tell your sister.
kv

Mon Oct 23, 01:33:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur.

Um, with Kathy on the moving thing. Not just in general.

Mon Oct 23, 07:03:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Shannon said...

Moving good - except now you'll have to invite yourself back to your parents' house to get some regular home cooking

DVR good - except you'll never again have an excuse to avoid a particular task or interruption because of that wonderful, handy pause button. Lovely invention. Of course, when you already have two shows recording and still want a 3rd, it's a real pickle.

Ice cream good - in fact, I had some after my own numbing incident the other week, although it was more a vertical half of numbness rather than upper/lower. I felt like I had a stroke. Thankfully only my cat was there to laugh at me with my ice cream. Or was it yogurt? I don't remember now...

Have fun with the moving!

Mon Oct 23, 09:12:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home