Monday, May 21, 2007

the fantastic

...and the mundane.

So, the long awaited, and much anticipated first softball game of the year was tonight. And yep, pretty much picked up right where we left off last year. But I think once we get into it a little more we can turn things around. We gave them a couple runs on bonehead plays and they made some very nice plays that probably ended up taking a few runs from us. Just one of those nights. But it was fun and good to be out on a real field again.

Watched the last couple minutes of the season finale of Heroes tonight. Haven't really seen any of the second half of the season, so I was pretty much lost and didn't really want to watch it in case I spoiled something big for myself. But I just couldn't get myself to change the channel either. I so need this to come out on dvd soon. Like yesterday. Or hope that the friends with the TiVo still have all the episodes I've missed so I can catch up this weekend while I hang out with their dog.

And I saw my first commercial for the new Harry Potter movie that is coming out in July. Looks like it is going to be pretty awesome. Think I may be a little more excited for it than some of the previous ones just because I finally started re-reading all the books and should have just enough time to get through all of them, and possibly the movies as well in time to go see the new movie and read the new book this summer. Which reminds me...I should be at home right now reading, not lollygagging around my parents house wasting time. I'm only almost half-way through the second book. Lots left to read. But I was actually helping my dad with the new bathroom a little. So it isn't like I was just totally wasting time...

Sure wish I had some salsa to go with these Tostitos...


music: "Stolen" -- Dashboard Confessional

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any of the last half of the season of Heroes, either, but I saw a commercial during the Office finale, and it showed Matt Parkman sitting in a hallway, clutching a wound in his stomach. No! NO KILLING WEISS.

Weiss always gets the shaft. Poor guy.

Go see Hot Fuzz! It's fantastic!

Tue May 22, 03:43:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

Yeah...not to spoil anything for you...but one of the last things I saw was Matt Parkman being wheeled into an ambulance on a gurney. Pretty sure he wasn't dead yet, but it didn't look like he was too far from it.

I just may go see Hot Fuzz this weekend. Maybe sneak Nola in with me.

Wed May 23, 07:47:00 AM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, man! I don't want Parkman to die. I liked him.

Wed May 23, 12:01:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also saw Greg/Weiss on a Weight Watchers commercial! Trying to get the men to go!

Wed May 23, 09:24:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

It didn't look like he was going to die. At least that is my prediction from the two minutes of the show that I saw. But you never know, I could be wrong...

Thu May 24, 10:07:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home