Thursday, September 28, 2006

total eclipse of the heart

Why can't some person responsible for music on a tv show use a song on their show that isn't on, or performed by a band on, the charts right now? I was watching tv tonight, it's Thursday after all, and as long as I get my "homework" done (reading SI) I can watch as much tv as I want to. However, as I was flipping around to different shows, I caught two shows, just tonight!, playing the "new" KT Tunstall song "Suddenly I See" during some part of their show. And I have heard this song on at least one other show within the last week. On another show I heard a song by Snow Patrol, of the "Chasing Cars" fame, another song which made the rounds of all the shows recently. And how many shows are going to over-use The Fray's song "How To Save A Life"?

Don't get me wrong, I actually like all of these songs. I have the albums by The Fray and Snow Patrol that these songs are on, and the KT Tunstall song isn't bad, if it is a little annoying at times. But perhaps it is only so annoying because a person can't turn on the tv without being bombarded by it right now! Get some variety people! Use the almost limitless resources that are available to you and find something original or classic or obscure. There is so much good music out there. So so much that I don't even have a clue about. Like the band Splashdown that I just found through a friend. Bet you most people have never heard of them. I know I hadn't. And they kinda have a little different flavor to them than most stuff that I tend to listen to. But that is why they are starting to grow on me. They're different. Not even close to being my favorite stuff yet, but every time one of their songs comes up in the rotation, I find myself liking it a little more than I did the time before.

It would just be nice and refreshing if they could all get together and use a little variety or something. Don't think that that is asking too much.

But I'll get off that now. Just frustrating. Yar.

Not actually a whole lot worth mentioning happened today. And most of the exciting stuff I can't share...pretty much because it was only exciting to me. But it was still exciting, and might even make sleeping a little more difficult tonight.

But The Office was on! It seems like this season is getting off to a little bit of a slow start. Maybe because all of what we were used to from last season is not there anymore. People are gone, people moved, people moved on.... But there still are those flashes of brilliance that make ya keep coming back. And it is still really good, and I guess that it is probabaly a good thing for them to shake things up a bit and keep us all on our toes as to what is going to happen next.

And...Earl was on tonight too. I love that show more and more every time that I watch it.
"Always remember this. When I jump, I jump for Earl. I would never jump for Joy."

mood: wanting to grab life by the horns
music: "Open Your Eyes" -Snow Patrol

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Splashdown is VERY different, but that's why I love them. I'm glad they're growing on you. Shows you have good taste. ;)

Fri Sep 29, 08:19:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home