Wednesday, September 27, 2006

jack and diane

Planning ahead tonight. Figured I would get an early start on getting to bed tonight and get my posting out of the way a little earlier than is normal for myself. Actually, truth be told, I ended up taking a "ten minute nap" that this afternoon that quickly turned into two hours. Upon awakening, I discovered that I had lost all resolve to do anything productive, i.e. running, tonight, so I am filling my time with other things. And I'll probably end up making another post somewhere in the middle of the night because I won't be able to fall alseep and I don't have to be to work until a little after ten tomorrow morning.

Went to the driving range this afternoon and spent a ridiculous $9 on a "large" bucket of balls. But I think (good thing i re-read this little part. i almost left the word "thinked" in here. that could have been embarassing!) it may have actually helped me a little. Got that golf tournament this weekend, for the old high school, and seen as how I have only played once this summer I figured I needed a little more preperation for myself. So I don't totally embarrass myself out there. But I have a feeling that will happen anyways. But I think I was hitting the balls quite a lot straighter by the end of the bucket today. And with more power too. Sometimes. That's the biggest problem still. Not a whole lot of consistency. Sometimes I'll hit the ball 250 yds straight as an arrow, and the very next ball I'll hit 200 yds way way way off to the right. So it could be a tragic round out there on Saturday. But I'm sure you'll hear all about it then... But it was a perfect afternoon to spend an hour or so outside just trying to smack the junk out of a pile of little spheres!

Johnny Cash is the best!

Got to go be "productive" and read some more. At least I'm using my brain a little bit that way. I need to find something instructional or informational to read. What I really need is a wood shop in the garage so I could go build something. That would be fun!

mood: slightly bored but a little motivated; still not going to run though...
music: "It Ends Tonight" -The All-American Rejects

1 Comments:

Blogger klev said...

no, i haven't heard any of his stuff. and i would hang out with uncle dan more and maybe even play some cards, if i didn't live 900+ miles away from him...

Thu Sep 28, 09:31:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home