Sunday, October 15, 2006

more nonsense

I know I just e-mailed a bunch of you another version of this, but I liked this one better that I stole from a friend, who stole it from a friend... Anyway, I might put some actual content at the end of the post, but not likely. So if you don't want to read this, don't. Won't hurt my feelings. Too much...

Your Life: The Soundtrack
1. Open your music player.
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question press the next button.

Opening Credits - "She Says" - Howie Day

Well, it appears my life gets off to a nice manly start with a Howie tune. Yeah for me!


Waking Up - "Gira Con Me Questa Notte" - Josh Groban

This is definitely not going to wake me up, but I'll listen to it while I hit the snooze bar a few more times.


Falling in Love - "Gira Con Me Questa Notte" - Josh Groban with the Corrs

Well, I guess at least I'll live throught the pain and tragic strife of everything. I guess this is pretty close to being dead on for this one so far in life. And the Corrs are pretty good lookin, so that has to count for something, doesn't it?


Fight Scene - "Tomorrow" - Avril Lavigne

Looks like the fight isn't going to happen till tomorrow, folks. So lets just all go back home and get some rest for the big day... What a downer of a fight scene!


Breaking Up - "Cold One Comin' On" - Montgomery Gentry

Hit the nail on the head with this one! Great country song for a breakup.


Getting Back Together - "The Prisoner Wishes To Say A Word" - Braveheart soundtrack

One word for ya: "Freedom!" Guess there isn't going to be any getting back together, which suits me just fine, thank you.


Secret Love - "Slow Decay" - Dashboard Confessional

Seems as though I have a very warped secret love. Possibly a killer, "I didn't hate those that I killed, but they're all dead now." Good times for me...


Life's Okay - "Keep On The Sunny Side" - The Whites

One of the songs from "O Brother Where Art Thou". And it is actually about what it is supposed to be for this category. Amazing. iTunes isn't as dumb as I was beginning to think it was.


Mental Breakdown - "Disarm" - Smashing Pumpkins

I used to be a little boy/So old in my shoes/And what I choose is my voice/What's a boy supposed to do?/The killer in me is the killer in you/My love/I send this smile over to you

Yeah, that's pretty fitting for a mental breakdown song.


Driving Flashback - "Remember When" - Alan Jackson

Dude, more like a whole life flashback. iTunes is sure improving it's batting average over the last few songs.


Partying - "Jerk It Out" - Caesars

Great party song! If this won't get you dancing, well then some other song probably will.


Happy Dance - "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage" - Panic! At The Disco

Not exactly happy, but it is fast. So you could make a happy dance out of it if you really wanted to.


Regretting - "A Night To Remember" - SHeDAISY

Dang, don't mess with women! They don't get mad, they get even. Even when it means they take themselves down too. At least in this song they do. Chick puts the car over the cliff with her and her cheatin husband in it. Guess he has a few seconds to regret his choices...


Long Night Alone - "The Saddest Song" - The Ataris

Yeah, this one works. Acoustic recording of a not too electric song in the first place. Just some piano, guitar, and a little violin. And some sad lyrics about a dad who is wishing his kid will forgive him somday for not being around. Not that I have any kids or anything, it's just one of those songs you let play during a long, lonely night.


Final Battle - "Nothing Else Matters" - Metallica

This is going to be one slow battle. This would be a great song to play either leading into or right after the battle. But it would kinda suck to try to fight to. Maybe super slow-mo...


Death Scene - "Smilin'" - Tim McGraw

Perfect. Could be worse ways to go...


End Credits - "With Arms Wide Open" - Creed

Got about the right tempo and everything for the end credits. But the lyrics... Maybe I'm going to have to come back in another life. I wanted to be able to steal the line my friend's friend put on her end credits, "Into the sunset, ride I.", but that just totally doesn't fit here at all. Dang it!


So, that's it. For the most part iTunes was a big let down. But it did nail a few of them.

Sure wish that I could sleep for eight hours at a stretch. I could actually go to bed now if I could...

mood: got the Sunday night tired and full thing goin on
music: little bit of everything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home