Saturday, December 29, 2007

bargain basement

Ok, so that title line should probably be saved for a time when it is more fitting (if you know the song it's from, and specifically the line it's from, you'll understand), but it's all I can think of right now. And hey, it is Saturday night. Huh, maybe it works better than I thought...

So it has been a little while since I have had a chance to post anything. Pretty much just been busy and not getting a whole lot of sleep. So I haven't really so much felt like waking up any earlier than I need to. And not a whole lot of any consequence has been going on.

Got a nice amount of snow over the last week or so. Always a good thing. Just makes me wish I could get up the mountain and do a little boarding. But that's for next year!

Was given a small mountain of presents recently. But that's what tends to happen when your birthday falls within a few days of Christmas! Ended up with a lot of cool stuff, most of which are for use in a kitchen. So if anyone needs me to make them something, just let me know. And maybe send a recipie with the request...

Got to make breakfast for some friends on Christmas morning. It had been a couple of years at least since I had a chance to do this for more than just myself. Went pretty well. And, at least as far as I am concerned, the food was great!

Almost got in an accident on Christmas day, but the guy just barely clipped my back bumper. And this is where having a truck comes in handy. Cause they actually sorta make the bumpers a little beefier than normal just cause they're trucks. I may just be full of crap, but considering the fact that I couldn't even see a scuff mark anywhere on my truck and his little plastic Saturn suv has parts missing, I'm sticking with my opinion.

Oh, and I think I actually sorta had a date on Thursday night. Not really though. But there was definite implications of dating involved. Unfortunately, nothing further is going to happen. Or I should actually say fortunately. But lets not really talk about that so much anymore.

Didn't seem like I worked a whole lot this week. Between Christmas and the "snow" there just wasn't a whole lot of time to work. But, despite the fact that about three months ago I requested today off and wasn't even scheduled, I got to go in at 8 a.m. this morning. Which was actually really nice and pretty fun. Granted, it threw the day off a little, but nothing that is going to be too tragic at all. And I needed the hours, and with not working so much the rest of the week it was nice to actually feel like I was doing something productive. And I really like being there on days like today. It was good.

And now it's time to go eat some cheese cake and then maybe go make some cupcakes. We will see...

Kinda strange to think that I'm 28.


music: stupid tv football announcers. yeek

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sun Dec 30, 08:28:00 PM MST  
Blogger Kathy said...

I missed your birthday?!?!? I suck!

Sun Dec 30, 09:04:00 PM MST  
Blogger klev said...

so the song is Someday I'll Be Saturday Night by Bon Jovi...just in case I can't figure out the vaugeness again in another few years...

Wed Dec 24, 06:51:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home