Tuesday, September 12, 2006

concentration

"Ya gotta concentrate. You're not concetrating. Ninty percent of the game is half mental. Remember that."

Most of my life has been a study in non-concentration. I know now-a-days everyone's excuse is that no one has an attention span longer than three seconds. Everything has to be fast, instant, now. But really, I can't concentrate. If I am listening to music and try to actually listen to the words through a whole entire song I end up having to listen to it at least three times. And half the time still I end up just giving up and moving on, happy with the half of the song that I did manage to pay attention to. And even songs are short now. I mean, we're talkin like 2:30 - 4 minutes here, not your "American Pie" that runs 9 minutes and some change. And, ironically, I used to know that song by heart. Don't really know where all this is coming from and I don't really have anywhere to go with it. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Watched 61* tonight. Great movie. But you'd better like baseball if you're going to watch it.

Lyle Lovett seems to be the theme for my night. Keeps poppin up everywhere.

Played disc golf this afternoon. Ended up playing with a couple of guys that I caught up with on the course, and seen as how the people that were playing in front of them were very inconsiderate and didn't let us play through for a long time, I ended up just fininshing the round with them. They were pretty cool guys though and it was kinda nice not to have to play the course by myself. One of them had their son out there who was probably about 5. Kid was hilarious. He had already picked up on calling shots "money". And he actually had some manners. Which it seems like kids just don't have anymore. Specially 5 year olds. And when he was going to start to whine, his dad told him that that wasn't going to happen and the kid knocked it off. And his dad didn't seem like he was even close to my age yet. Maybe 22. It was nice to see for a change. Who knows, the guy could be a jerk. But he seemed like he was actually trying and doing a pretty good job of it.

Getting too be pretty sure it's time to get a new job.

Why do people stay with people so long that are treating them badly. Not necessairly "abusing" them at all. Just treating them in a way that they wouldn't take from any of their friends, but... I know that I did. I know that I have made allusions to "my past situation" and such in here before. And for the most part I am going to just leave all that out of here mostly cause it is done and over and if any of you want to hear about it you probably already have asked me about it. (and those who haven't heard anything about it are free to ask me. you'll probably get the most sensical anwers and explanations now) But just for the sake of all the other stuff that I have been hearing from others lately...Why do we do this? Looking back on eveything, I know now that I stayed with her for way way too long. Is it cause they aren't outright mean to us so we just deal with it? Is it that we are scared that there isn't anyone else out there for us? Is it cause we knew at some point we were happy and are hoping that that will come back again? I couldn't really tell you. But I do know that happiness can abound without them and that life is too short to be yanked around with someone just cause you are either scared to be without them or are just comfortable in the situation and don't want to upset anything. I know it sounds selfish and all, but you gotta watch out for yourself. Not saying that people should just cut and run. Most likely there needs to be some arguing and talking and discussions and what-not, but in the end if that doesn't work...get gone. If they aren't really truely willing to TRY to work thru things, regardless of what their mouths are saying, it's not worth your breath to keep talkin. I wish that I had done this sooner myself, but as they say about hindsight....

Well, that just kinda came out of the blue for me. Sorry. And I'm not sure that I actually came to any conclusions or even had much of a distinct point. But sometimes I just gotta say what is on, or passes thru, my mind. Like I told a friend the other day...I spent most of the last year or so not having an opinion on anything and now I'm done with that. That's not to say that I am still going to share everything I'm thinking or anything. Which is very good news to anyone who actually reads this. And I still would much rather listen to anyone share what is going on in someone else's mind and be their sounding board than make them listen to me. Cause I think I pretty much know who reads this, and seen as how I think pretty much all of you are of the female side of things...I feel very protective of you. And I know my sis knows I pretty much love her more than anyone else on earth and would do anything at all for her. And there is a trickle-down effect of that for all of you.

So now I better wrap this all up before I really go and say somthing...too much mushy gushy already. Need to go watch a movie with fast cars and shooting and fighting and such in it.

"Actually, she's just rubbing her crap into his fur. But maybe after they'll get busy."

Oh. Ran another three miles this afternoon. *pat's self on back*

mood: who knows
music: "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" -Snow Patrol feat.Martha Wainwright

p.s. maybe my point in everything was that God is who gives us happieness, not people. if we aren't with the people He wants us to be with, we won't be happy, regardless of how "perfect" we are together. that's all. goodnight.

3 Comments:

Blogger klev said...

Yeah, it seemed like it might be a good show. But of course it's going to be on on Fridays. If it doesn't get cancelled. Which I could see happening to it after a month or so. But either way, I'm not going to get to see it.

Sorry to almost make you cry, sis. But i does love you...

Wed Sep 13, 09:52:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Why do people stay with people so long that are treating them badly."

For my part, it because I believed him. Every time, I thought, "Oh, this time it will be different." And then it wasn't.

"Not saying that people should just cut and run."

You and my conscience are singing the same tune. I was attacked on two fronts today and broke the communication embargo to ask forgiveness of the him in question.

Way to strike conviction in the hearts of people everywhere. They need it. (read: I needed it.)

Wed Sep 13, 10:18:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Shannon said...

Hurrah for opinions (especially the p.s.)!! Keep having them. It's a good thing!

Thu Sep 14, 06:36:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home