Monday, September 18, 2006

i'll walk through the canyon

Has to be getting close to the time of year for Monday night basketball to start up. Seems like just about the time that I actually get attatched to a Monday night show, I can't watch it anymore because I am never home. Which is actually a good trade-off. And I am kinda looking forward to the basketball. Especially seen as how there doesn't seem to be much worth watching on Mondays now. The new show, Studio 60 has some potential. I like the shows that everyone involed has had in the past. At least worth watching for a couple more weeks at this point. But everything else that I tried to watch tonight...I pretty much ended up paying more attention to the book that I bought today. But I guess actually trying to stimulate my brain with a book isn't necessarily a bad thing. And it is a very good, interesting, different kind of book. Just happened to see it as I was walking past the shelf in the book store and remembered one my my friends saying something about it. Written from the perspective of a kid with autism (sp?) so it is kind of random in places and deals with math and stuff. So overall it fits in with my random thinking and sorta logical math stuff that the math teacher I have for a parent has tried to ingrain into my head. Great book so far! I'll try to maybe tell ya'll more about it when I finish it.

I feel like I could go run for a good hour right now. Maybe I should try to. But it is already 11 at night and that would just push sleepy time way too far back. I think it is more that I have just been feeling very restless lately. Just seems like my life is at a big stand-still. Like I am just waiting for the next step I am supposed to take to become apparent to me. I want to move, I want to get a new job...and I want to start dating again, but that just brings up so many more considerations and questions. Am I really ready for that again already? I hate dating. Do not really enjoy it much at all. So why do I think that I want to date again already? Am I just lonely? Am I just stupid? I am a guy, after all. And then there is the biggest, scariest question that someone in my situation has to face... Is there anyone out there who would actually want to date me? I'd like to tell myself that, yes, there is. That every attractive woman I see would be thrilled to go out with me. And then I wake up... I know that I can have problems with the view I have of myself sometimes. But lets face it. I'm a twenty-six year old man who is starting to lose a decent amount of hair, still really hasn't found what he wants to do with his life career-wise, currently lives with his parents, and has a good amount of debt.

Wow. I guess looking at that last sentance I should change the focus of my thoughts a little. I should just start working my mostly non-existant rear off, and let the rest happen when it happens. Now I just need to find a job(s) where I can actually get some hours...

Oh, and if anyone out there knows someone who would be interested in buying a very slightly worn engagement ring...It is quite nice, in my opinion, and I would be able to offer a good price on it... Dropped by the store today where I bought the ring to see what options I had, if any, as far as returning/exchanging said ring. No returns possible, as it has been quite a few months. Exchange is an option, and they would give me 80-90% of the value of my current ring. Stipulation: the new ring would have to be at least DOUBLE in value of what they gave me on my old ring. Which means the new ring would probably have to be something along the lines of a $8600-$9600 ring. Something like that. Which would be really really nice. But I already stretched myself way way way too thin buying this ring. But it would be kinda cool to be able to get that nice of a ring later for "only" half the price...

Too much to think about. So I am just going to try to go to sleep now, if I can, and not think about any of this stuff until the sweet sweet morning. I love mornings. But man, wish I could go for a run outside right now. But it is in the upper 40s right now, and I have become too much of a wuss to enjoy that as much as I used to. Sleep...

Running update from last night: three miles, took a little more time off the total.

"Don't hurry, David," said Mr. Sharp. "There's time enough, my boy, don't hurry."

mood: ?
music: "She's My Ride Home" -Blue October

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time!!!! Such a good book. Very sad, though.

"a $8600-$9600 ring"

This is something I don't understand - the amount of money people spend on rings. It floors me. I mean, there are so many things one could do with $9000 (or $3000) that are much, much better than wearing it around on your finger. Go to Greece! Put it towards a home! You know?

I don't know, maybe I'm missing the whole "hey, man, I love you this many dollars' worth" aspect, but I just don't get it.

Um, end rant.

Tue Sep 19, 09:03:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home