Tuesday, September 19, 2006

re: to comments

Ok. So I was starting to type a reply in the little comments box and then I realized it might go on for a bit...so I am just going to do it this way. Cause I can.

Um, yeah. I really don't think that I understand the whole "really friggin expensive ring" thing either. And at the time that I "bought" (i still haven't "bought" all of it) the ring that I have right now I spent quite a lot more than I had intended to. But I am a bad shopper. And, at the time I had thought that I was buying it for someone who wanted to spend the rest of their life with me. And I was letting myself get sucked into her world (or her parents world) of actually being able to afford things from the store with the little blue boxes, which wasn't the best idea I have ever had either. But when I was there, I figured it was going to be one of those once-in-a-lifetime purchases that I could just buckle down and make the sacrifice for.

But really, I usually think more along the lines of what you said in your comment, Jess. Why not spend the money on a sweet trip, or a HOUSE, or a trip, or food, or a trip, or a car, or a trip. And you can still say the whole "hey, man, I love you this many dollars' worth" thing with a trip or a house, can't you? Can't you say it better with something like that? I don't know. I'm just a guy. And not always a very smart one. And I messed this one up good. And now I am paying for it. Literally. But that's what life is about, right?

"I set out on a narrow way
Many years ago
Hoping I would find true love
Along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow kept pushin' through
I couldn't see how every sign
Pointed straight to you

...You've been there, you understand
It's all part of a grander plan...

...Now I'm rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
That God blessed the broken road
That led me staight to you"

Really, I am not that big of a Rascal Flatts fan. But sometimes they actually get it right. And pretty much all I can take from my past now are the lessons. No use getting mad about wasted time. Cause is it really time wasted? Sure, I would rather that I didn't have to go through some of the things that I have in life, but if we learn things that help us make our lives better in the long run. And maybe be able to help just one other person, be a shoulder for them when they need it, becasue of what I have been through. It will be worth it in the end.

And if I am going to use the song literally, and make a "broken road" out of all this stuff...I can't put this all behind me. Yet. To make a road out of it, and USE what I have been through to help me move forward, I have to put it down in front of myself, where I can see it. Then I can step on it and take the next step forward. Sure, eventually it is going to end up behind me, once I have "built" the road out far enough. But that road is going to stay there so if, at some point, I need to go back and see how I got through a certain time of life, I can.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone else? Or am I just full of crap?

And wow. This definitely wouldn't have all fit in the little comments box. Really wasn't imagining that I would go on this long...

Think I am going to go dig up some grub from somewhere and then try to finish the book I started yesterday.

mood: glad for everything i've got
music: "Under Pressure" -Queen and David Bowie

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, can you explain more about this relationship etc.?

Tue Sep 19, 12:21:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

depends on who's asking...

Tue Sep 19, 10:35:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just an avid reader!

Tue Sep 19, 10:52:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

must be. that was quick. if i can get a little more info, i might be able to throw in some more explanations of my own...

Tue Sep 19, 11:29:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, info, well i love to remain anonymous because it's more fun that way. although i do know you, but i haven't seen you in about 6 years!

Wed Sep 20, 09:28:00 AM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

ok. now i am just going to get a huge headache from trying to figure out who you are. but i'll see what i can do about maybe throwing a "short" summary of things in here in the next coupla days...maybe

Wed Sep 20, 01:11:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! :o)

Wed Sep 20, 03:05:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

would you like summary of last 6 years (have i at least talked to you in this time?) or do you just want info on this supposed relationship that i keep mentioning?

Wed Sep 20, 07:08:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, we haven't talked in the last 6 years, but i don't need a review on those years, just the relationship. because if i'm going to read your blog and truly understand what you're going through i need some background info! :o)

Wed Sep 20, 08:33:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i'll change from "anonymous" to "avid reader" so you'll sorta know who i am!

Wed Sep 20, 08:38:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

well thanks, avid reader. that is a little help at least. but it is still driving me nuts not being able to figure out who you actually are. and how you found this if i haven't even talked to you in 6 years...

Wed Sep 20, 10:16:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a good link from a good friend. i haven't seen you in 6 years, but when i saw you 6 years ago, i hadn't seen you in about 7! Doesn't that make your head hurt even more? Now don't you have a post to be typing?

Wed Sep 20, 10:30:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

oh how it hurts!! probably going to be up all night trying to figure it out. or at least going to wake up in the middle of the night once my tiny little brain figures it out!

Wed Sep 20, 10:39:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home