Tuesday, June 05, 2007

half-open eyes to a world full of light

Three softball games. Fun, but not so much of a restful thing. Was pretty much tired after the first one. Guess I just need to start getting into better shape. Got to pitch in the first game, which was a nice change. Probably only cause we ended up winning that game. Never as much fun to pitch when you lose. And I actually hit pretty well in that game too. Think I ended up with a triple, an in-the-park homerun and a single. And possibly a walk as well. So part of that was more bad fielding than good hitting, but I'll take it just the same. However, the last two games... One hit. Yep, that's it. Got robbed by the pitcher again on one of them. I guess I just need to stop hitting the ball right back up the middle. But they are such nice pitches!

So I didn't end up leaving the fields till about 11 last night. And then about two blocks away I heard a loud popping noise come from my truck and it felt as if my brakes went away. Thankfully, they were still there a little bit, but there was definitely something not right there. So, as the fields are a lot closer to my parents house than my own, I stopped by there to see if I could see anything wrong with it. Yep, my right front brake is pretty much non existant anymore. Gone. Evaporated into dust. Literally. So, I'm driving my Mom's car today. Thanks Mom. (maybe someday when I actually let you read any of this you'll see that I'm not a totally ungrateful git [to use the words of the famous Ron Weasley])

And now it's time to go load up the vans and get out and do some actual work.

And then go play two volleyball games tonight.

I think I'm going to be sleeping quite well tonight.


mood: wishing for a bed and a star to wish upon
music: don't know where the music went to, it was just there a second ago

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home