Sunday, June 03, 2007

keep refrigerated

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears."

Okay, don't really know why that just popped into my head, but there you have it.

Had a pretty good weekend. Got to do some more home-ownerish type things that I normally don't get to do a whole lot of, like mowing the lawn and picking weeds. Always fun stuff. Watched a bunch of the Women's College World Series on ESPN. (while I was reading Harry Potter) So I wasn't really paying that much attention to it, but I am just that much in need of softball in my life right now that that I felt I needed to watch it. That, and the second baseman for Baylor was pretty cute...

And speaking of softball, I get to play in three games Monday night. The first game is for the "little guys" and I think I'll probably end up pitching for that one. So that should be interesting. That game is at 7 and the the "old guys" have a double header with games at 9 and 10. Which means, if the games are running on schedule, that I'll probably be getting home somewhere between 11:30 and 12 tomorrow night. Should be fun! And I'm not being sarcastic in the least about that. I am looking forward to it big time.

Also got to play some poker on Saturday night. Pretty much the first time ever for me. Which is a little suprising, seen as how I went through a stage a few years ago where I woulf watch poker a lot. I even bought a Poker for Dummies book. Which I never read at all. But I actually won on Saturday night. Course, we weren't playing for anything. And there was only three of us playing. But it was still fun. And I won!

Ok, this is fun and all, but I need to go home and do some reading. Harry just got back to school for the start of his fourth year and I left him just after he fell asleep on his first night back at Hogwarts. So I need to get back so I can rediscover what happens to him this year at school. Mad Eye Moody!!


music: NPR crazyness

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You played poker and didn't tell me?!?! I was bored last night and I LOVE playing poker!
kathy

Sun Jun 03, 09:41:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

npr IS crazyness!! :) i can't wait until the next harry potter comes out! i just finished reading the 6th one over again...that's my favorite so far.
your sister who lost her password

Mon Jun 04, 06:07:00 AM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

Sorry, Kathy. I'll try to remember that next time. But you probably would have cleaned me out. And at least this way I got to win...

Yeah, hopefully I can make it through book four this week and get started on five. But these last few I have left are so long! Least I've read them once before. And they are supposedly written for people a little younger than myself...

Mon Jun 04, 08:14:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home