Friday, June 01, 2007

i have run through the fields

Is there some hidden magic in being strange looking? Or short? Or grossly overwiehgt? Or a total jerk? Cause I was just out with some friends tonight and it seemed that there were a whole bunch of pretty cute girls with guys of the sort that I just decribed. Not saying that I am not any of these (except probably overwieght) but why can't I find a girl? Am I just to "nice"? I mean, reallly...why?

I know that I can be shy at times. And really, lets face it, I know I'm not much to look at. But I'm a pretty decent guy. I'll hold doors open for you. I'll open and close car doors for you. I'll even give you my coat if you're cold. Heck, I'll even buy you dinner. I'd even go to chick flicks and not complain about having to watch them, and not just because I actually think that a few of them actaully look kinda like good movies. (unless I'm around the guys, then you just have to complain about "having" to watch them) I'll even send flowers on occasions where there isn't an actual occasion. On occasion...

I don't know. I guess I shouldn't worry about it. And I'm really not. Worried. I just don't really want to become one of those guys that has a line or moves or whatever you want to call it.

At least it's Friday now. Have a good one.


music: "Hotel California" -- The Eagles

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reasons Girls End Up With Men Such As You Described:

1. We can be very, very stupid.
2. We can be very, very desperate for male attention and validation it brings.
3. He could be brilliant and smart and funny, despite looking strange or being fat or short.
4. He could be rich.

I am rather of the opinion lately that dating isn't all it's cracked up to be and avoiding the whole process entirely is a valid and highly attractive option in life.

(I am also a hypocrite, because I have a crush on a boy. But it's never going to go anywhere, which means it's either a subconscious "safe" crush that will never require any sort of follow-through or that it will fade away in short order and with very little fanfare, having no interaction of any sort to sustain it.)

Along with this rather cynical viewpoint is the rather brighter opinion that being picky is a good thing. As Cher (f/m Clueless, not the scary pop star) once said, "You see how picky I am about my shoes, and they only go on my feet."

Words to live by, right there.

;)

Fri Jun 01, 04:33:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

I guess I was being a little shallow at the time I wrote...oops. And dating is definitely not all it's cracked up to be. And yes Sarah, I probably am actually being kinda picky. Sort of. Definitely not as picky as I used to be, that is for sure. Jess, great words to live by. Perhaps I need to go watch a bunch of high school type movies today to remind myself about all the greatness that they are. But for now I will just have to suffice by voicing the words of the peasant from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "I'm not dead yet. I feel happy."

Sat Jun 02, 09:21:00 AM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

...I pretty much have to force myself to use them as infrequently as I do...which isn't really that infrequent...but if you only knew how often I WANTED to use them...then my actual usage of them would seem infrequent...you know what I mean?

Sun Jun 03, 12:32:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home