Monday, August 27, 2007

i cannot go to the ocean

So last week was a little crazy. Seemed like every time I wanted to get on here something happened to keep me away. Or I just had nothing to say...

But really, I did wake up 20 minutes before I was supposed to be at work one day. Nothing like seeing your clock at that point to seriously test the current strength of your heart muscles. Guess mine are still working alright...I was only five minutes late to work (which means I was still the third one here) and I even took a shower and traffic was slow on top of it all. Guess I could sleep in a little more often than I think.

Had a nice, relaxing weekend. Didn't really do a whole lot of anything exciting. Saturday I didn't get out of, or off of my bed, other than to take a shower and cook a pizza, until after 6 at night. Yep. Finally "woke up" about 9. Took a nap from about 11 to 2. Watched some baseball. Read a little. Watched a couple episodes of The Office from season 1. And then finally realized it was almost night time and I better get out and do something. So I drove up to a friend's house and watched some football in HD. Pretty stressful day...

I did help put up a fence on Sunday afternoon. Or most of a fence. Unfortunately, it's not quite finished. But that is not due to the skills of those of us who were putting up the fence. We would have finished it. The person who had put the fence posts in had forgotten to follow a few of the basic rules of putting in fence posts; such as measuring between the posts... But it was good times. And nice to actually do something over the weekend.

I didn't really even do anything Friday night. Went and watched a couple softball games, but I think I was home by about 9. Still didn't get to sleep till closer to 3 in the a.m...but I was home early. And the reason that I was up late was a good one. Not that I really need a reason to be up late. Pretty much any excuse will work for me on that one. Especially on a Friday night. But this time it was something I could probably get away with calling worthwhile. I wasn't just laying in bed mindlessly flipping through the channels on TV for hours on end without ever really watching anything. (and yes, that does happen more often than I would care to admit) But that is all that you need to know about that so I'll just try to stop rambling on about it as I am not actually going to give you any details about it.

And now it's Monday again already. Which means disc golf night! Pretty excited about that. Get to see if the extra practice I put in last week at the course we are going to play tonight will pay off at all.

And last night on Baseball Tonight they did their top 10 list of best all time home runs. Pretty cool. And Kirby's home run from the '87 World Series made the list, so that pretty much just made my day. Sometimes forget how much fun he was to watch.

And now that part of Monday that makes us all love Mondays sooooo much.


music: A Fine Frenzy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about Friday night. It would have been fun to do something, but I was in the farthest reaches of Aurora. And the house you guys did was probably my favorite! Or maybe my second, it's a toss up between that one and the one next to it.
kathy

Mon Aug 27, 12:02:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your tantalizing hints. Le sigh.

Mon Aug 27, 07:43:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home