Wednesday, September 26, 2007

out on your own

Not all bad getting to work early in the a.m. Hardly any traffic. Not as much talk on the radio yet. And the moon this morning! WOW. Didn't see it till I was headed directly into it, but wow. Had an unobstructed view of it, and it was HUGE. Think I coulda looked at that thing all night.

And when you're up early you can get away with listening to fun music and just pass it off as, "I'm not awake yet", or, "I'm just trying to wake up". And chances are, no one is going to be around to hear so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Had orientation for the part-time job last night. Long. And I missed most of the first hour of it. My store told me it started at 6, but it really started at 5. Oops. But they didn't really seem too concerned that I was late or missed anything so that was nice. Now I just need to find out when I start working...

And I got a call yesterday from a guy I used to work with asking if I was interested in a job with the company he's with now. I sort of am. The position sounds like it would give me an ulcer for the first few months, just because I would be nervous of messing things up, but it also sounds like a good learning opportunity and an opportunity to get a much better looking position on the resume, or just to be working for a better company than the one I'm with now. He really seems to enjoy working there. And the starting salary he told me to ask for was quite a lot more than what I'm making now...so that would be awesome.

So yeah. Guess there's kind of a lot going on. Which is a good thing. Now if I could just get myself to be able to fall asleep when I try, I would be golden. Or something.


music: "The Only One" -- Evanescence

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what is your new job? I don't think you've ever said.
kathy

Wed Sep 26, 08:12:00 AM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, yay for exciting job opportunities!

Wed Sep 26, 08:15:00 AM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

Um, not giving that info out unless asked in person. Sorry. No really. Anyway...

Wed Sep 26, 03:55:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home