Sunday, October 08, 2006

ocular explosions

This morning I woke up in some serious pain. Could not open my left eye at all. Pried it open long enough to yank my contact out and ended up back in bed ten minutes later hoping that just laying there with my eyes closed would help the hurt to go away. Fell asleep. Woke up an hour or so later, still in pain. Could not keep my eye open for more than a couple seconds at a time. Went and layed down on the couch. Fell asleep. Woke up around noon thirty. Still in pain. Decided to take shower. Fun times when you can't see anything. Pried my eye open long enough to look at it in the mirror. Yuck. Looks all red and bloody. Ate a little food. Very fun to try to eat fried rice with your eyes closed! Went back to the bed. Mom made me put a hot wash cloth on eye. Fell alseep again. Woke up several hours later. Put hot wash cloth on eye again. Tried to lay in bed listening to the tv with my eyes closed, in the dark. Around 7:15ish decide its time to see how long I can keep my eyes open. Make it all around the house before it starts to hurt at all again. Yay, its getting better. Still takes till about 8 or so until I could sit and watch tv with both eyes open. And I still had to have the lights mostly off. But now it is after 10 and the eye is doing fairly well.

Now I just get to see if I can sleep at all tonight, seen as how I have been sleeping for about 19 out of the last 25 hours (yes, i did go to sleep very very early last night too).

Not the most fun I've ever had on a Sunday.

But last night I got to go to an all you can eat Italian buffet. For free! Just had to sit and listen to a guy from the college I graduated from talk for a little bit about what all was going on down there and what they were wanting to start doing with their alumni and stuff, and then eat all the food I could. It was great times! And that was some good food. Usually buffet food is ok, but not the best. This stuff was as good as anything I have ever ordered at an Italian resturant, but it was in buffet form and you could just keep eating. And the desserts!!!! Oh. My. Word!! Yeah, they were that good!

Football update: Penn State beat the Gophers. So that is both good and bad. Auburn, the #2 team in the nation, lost to Arkansas, an unranked team. And they were playing at Auburn. The tigers just don't lose there. But on Saturday they just looked like they didn't know what on earth they were doing on a football field. It was kinda sad. I heard the Vikings won today, but they were playing Detroit, so they had better have won. The Eagles won today, and I actually pried my eyes open enough to see the last couple of plays of that game. The Steelers lost tonight, and again, they also didn't quite look like they knew they were actually supposed to be playing a game tonight.

Well, I guess I have nothing left to say tonight. My brain has not exactly been over-active this weekend dreaming up anything to talk about.

mood: bring on monday
music: "Swing Brother Swing" -Billie Holiday

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, not a good idea to sleep in your contacts - especially in the dry climate of Colorado.

Mon Oct 09, 04:45:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

um, thanks, oh thou anonymous advice giver. but i sleep in my contacts pretty much every single night. and i never have problems, at least nowhere even close to this. just one little hiccup. not even sure if it was contact related at all. could have been...

Mon Oct 09, 04:59:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amoebas?

Tiny crustaceans?

The evil, jealous thoughts of the survivor of a tragic eyeglass accident?

Too much nitrogen congregating above your bed due to a flux in the space-time continuum?

An ambitious coworker with a talent for voodoo and a bottle of bleach?

A little leprechaun sitting on your headboard with a long stick?

Spontaneous ocular hydroplosion?

A shocking lack of Visine?

A localized dust storm?

Mon Oct 09, 09:12:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

yes, yes it could have been any of that. but i think i am leaning either to "Too much nitrogen congregating above your bed due to a flux in the space-time continuum", or "An ambitious coworker with a talent for voodoo and a bottle of bleach".

Or it could have been kind of a combination of the two like: a coworker, with a talent for vodoo, manipulating the space-time continuum causing a cloud of nitrogen to form above my bed that was combusted by the open bottle of bleach kept in my room...

Mon Oct 09, 11:16:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brian edward? hee hee!

Tue Oct 10, 04:08:00 PM MDT  
Blogger Shannon said...

oh, that's just priceless that your sis whipped out the middle name! I still remember tormenting you with it in junior high (or was it elementary??) after school. Ahh, the fond recollections...who'da thunk that middle names and cooties would turn out to be ok?

Tue Oct 10, 08:30:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

i know! i am actually rather pround of my middle name now. but i do remember a time when i wasn't as fond of it, you might say...

Tue Oct 10, 11:12:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

well that was a long time ago... sorry.

Wed Oct 11, 04:13:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home