Monday, October 09, 2006

so long, so long

Finally watched Monday Night Football for the first time this season. Decent game. Would have been a fun one to be at, sitting in the cold rain the whole night. Really. I tried to win tickets on the radio this morning, but I couldn't get through. But I did get to go to a friends apt and watch the game. But I didn't get the coookies I was promised until after the game was over... But I did get to watch as the first touchdown was scored at Mile-High this season. Took long enough for someone to do it. That is just weird.

Was running ahead of schedule today for work and happened to be going by my mom's school around lunch time so I stopped in for a chat. Funny how I can stop and talk to her at the school like that, but I usually try to avoid talking to her at home, except on select occasions.

I must be working more now. At least my hands look like it. I like being able to tell that I am working just by looking at my hands. Not that I think it is any "manlier" than anything else really, cause most of what I do isn't necessarily really "manly" by nature. But I have always been a fan of the old guys whose hands you shake and you can tell they know what work is. They might be 90 years old, but they can still give you a firm hand shake and you can still feel the toughness in their hands of years and years of work. And I would like to think that at some point in my life I might be able to do that myself.

My eye felt fine today. No problems at all. And I even put contacts in this morning. Very thankful that all that cleared up in a day. Cause as one of the schedulers at work said today, bloodfilled and eye are not words that are ever good to be using together, or something like that. And I would have to agree with her. Not a pleasant experience, glad it is over.

I think I am on the verge of making a slight job change. Now I just need to buckle down in the next couple of days and figure everything out for sure. And who knows...if everything works out for the best (but lets be realistic here folks) it may be a very good situation I find myself in.

I think I have turned a corner in life. I think I might actually enjoy meeting new people now. Granted, it still depends a lot on setting and what not, and how many new people at a time that there are... But I have met several new people lately, and instead of being afraid and not enjoying myself at all like I would have used to have done, I actually kinda enjoyed it. And it turns out there are some nice people out there. Imagine that.

mood: hoping i can fall alseep before 2 in the a.m. this time around
music: Big & Rich ( forgot how much i like listening to those guys )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the game!!! Did you see me on TV? Just kidding, we were in the last row, so there was no way. But it was FUN - despite the rain (and snow).
kathy

Tue Oct 10, 08:21:00 AM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

thank you, both, for letting me know about the fun things you got to do without me... yeah, but really, that is awesome that you guys got to go to those games. Kathy, a little cooler, seen as how the broncos actually won, and Jen got to go to the gophers game that they lost in overtime because they missed an extra point...aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

but fun times!

Tue Oct 10, 11:11:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home