Sunday, January 21, 2007

exponential aging

So nice to be back in my own bed. It's strange how comforting it feels to sleep in a familiar place.

And I don't have to worry about being jolted out of a deep sleep tonight by the sound of a dog regurgitating at 5 a.m. Not a fun way to wake up.

Of course, there is the random mouse or spider to worry about in this house. But they usually try to stay on the stealthier side of things and don't wake me up so much.

Got to do a little painting this weekend.

Also tried to install a transition strip between some tile and carpet in my friend's basement. Didn't work out so well as I'd hoped. Kinda hard to pound little pansy nails into a concrete floor. And the screws didn't work too well either. Oops.

Still haven't finished A Wrinkle In Time. Haven't been able to stay awake this past week. Guess my body is still trying to readjust to actually working, and basically working outside in the nice cold weather too. Thought that I'd finish it tonight, but I already fell asleep once while I was reading so I guess I may as well just try to get some sleep and maybe finish it tomorrow.

I am very glad that I know Nola. She is about the sweetest dog that I know. And sometimes I really do wonder just how much she really does know about what is going on in people's heads. At least in mine.

Grilled chesse is quite tasty.

Snowed some more today. I really have been enjoying this winter here. But it has been a little on the cold side. Not that it is as cold as MN was growing up, but it has been a lot colder than I have been used to for a while now. But the snow...I'll take all the snow I can get.

And grilled cheese. I'll take all of that that I can get too.


music: "Congratulations" -- Blue October

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's weird you had that Congratulations song listed...I love that song...especially lately.

Sun Jan 21, 11:45:00 PM MST  
Blogger klev said...

Yeah. It was one of my favorites from that cd as soon as I got it. Great song.

Mon Jan 22, 08:09:00 AM MST  
Blogger klev said...

mmm...carbs

Mon Jan 22, 02:49:00 PM MST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carbs and winter go hand in hand for me!

Mon Jan 22, 09:04:00 PM MST  
Blogger klev said...

Yes, carbs in the winter are especially enjoyable. Although, I enjoy me some carbs whatever time of year it might be.

Mon Jan 22, 10:08:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home