Wednesday, June 13, 2007

you take the things you like

Monumental landmark reached today.

I was actually smiling while driving. All the way through Denver. At 6 p.m.-ish on a weekday. For really no reason at all. Granted, there really was no traffic to speak of and I had to do my best to keep my speed below 80 mph. And then I just randomly started to smile. And it was right after I could have started yelling at the idiot driver in front of me who had just done something retarded. But I didn't start yelling. And I don't think that I made a canscience decision not to yell. Just didn't do it. But that just makes the smiling that much more baffleing. Why? Where did it come from? Yes, it was a gorgeous evening to be flying down the road with the windows down and the radio up. And I had gotten a tiny little ten minute nap after work while watching the first inning of a baseball game (didn't actually end up watching so much of it).

Guess I'll just have to leave it as one of those unexplained occurances of life that we will wonder about till our dying days.

Now there's a happy thought!

Left-overs are one of the best inventions ever.


music: "So Long, So Long" -- Dashboard Confessional (I really need to get some more music at my parent's house)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

left overs are an "invention"???
the sister

Thu Jun 14, 06:34:00 AM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

Yes, yes they are. Cause what did they do before they had left-overs? Just threw everything out! But then one day, some young and intelligent teenaged boy told his mother, "no, don't throw that meatloaf out. I'll eat it later." And left-overs were invented. And there was much rejoicing.

Thu Jun 14, 06:49:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home