Monday, June 11, 2007

you try until you can't

Unfortunately, I don't think that I quite lived up to that statement tonight.

Had the Monday night softball game, of course, and I think I pretty much missed catching a ball, BY ABOUT A QUARTER OF AN INCH, because I just didn't quite try until I couldn't. Yes, it would have been a tough catch regaurdless. But if I had run just a little faster, taken just that little bit of a longer stride, just stretched my arm out a tiny bit more, not been concered with if I was going to step in the huge sprinkler head, I could have heard the satisfying thwap of the ball landing in the basket of my glove instead of hearing the sickening thwink of it just glancing off of the very tip of my glove.

Oh well. It was a pretty fun game. We lost. But it was our coaches birthday today and his wife had made cake and brought ice cream for everyone. So that was nice. Good cake too.

And I had pie at lunch. After a nice big cheesesteak sandwich and a good pile of fries. Think that this place is pretty close to my favorite place to go right now. Ok, so it is definitely my favorite place to go right now. Great food. Great service. Not bad prices. Pretty sure that I went on my last rant about supporting your local "hole in the wall" places after the last time I ate there, so I'll try and at least spare you that this time. But if anyone is interested in taking me out to lunch or breakfast for any reason, just let me know and we can head down to Castle Rock. Come to think of it, we may be able to work out stopping there for a late breakfast tomorrow... Hmm, going to have to put some thought into that one.

Actually had a pretty fun Monday. Didn't really have to get annoyed so much with the new guy at work today. Had an awesome lunch. Actually felt like we got a lot accomplished at work. Played softball. Had cake. Had pie. Got to take a little bit of a walk. Had a little chat with a friend on the phone. And got to talk to my sister for a little while. Pretty nice Monday.

Now I just need to get some sleep so I can get down to the office by 6 tomorrow morning...


music: "Dusk And Summer" -- Dashboard Confessional

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll take you to lunch (or breakfast) at that place...sounds tastey! ...if you come play softball for me :)
--your sister

Tue Jun 12, 05:59:00 AM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

That's some major bribery right there. I suppose next you'll be wanting me to bring you a shrubbery as well. As much as I would LOVE to go play softball for you, I just don't see that happening unless you move out here and start a team. But you are definitely taking me for some breakfast there next time you're out here. Or maybe I'll even take you! Well, I better get going to find Robert the Shrubber...

Tue Jun 12, 06:29:00 AM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what's the name of this place with such good food? It's in Castle Rock?

Wed Jun 13, 01:03:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

Yep, it's in Castle Rock. Little place called B&B Cafe. If you ever want to go, just let me know...I'll be there.

Wed Jun 13, 06:59:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home