Wednesday, September 05, 2007

take me away, i'm gone

I miss Monika. She got laid off last week, cause we have been a little on the slower side in some areas here at work. And I was really not too happy about it. But I didn't realize until last night how used to our morning conversations at the office I had become. Seen as how 98% of the time we were the first ones in the office in the morning, we would usually end up talking to each other about whatever had gone on the previous evening and what not. The usual office small talk stuff. And last night I kept finding myself in my head laughing about the reaction Monika would have to what was going on when I told her about it this morning. And then I would remember that she wasn't going to be here.

Drat. I hate when good things change.

And speaking of good things... Pulled out the "throwback" cds again this morning. As much as I love the Counting Crows, it seems like I go months or even a year at a time sometimes without listening to them. But then when I do finally throw them into the player again I am always reminded very quickly of how great they are.

Ooh. And I was reminded this morning that I need to listen to Snow Patrol again. It's been a couple of months on that too. But that album is just so great. Especially for the mood I've been in lately. It's got a little of everything on it.

I guess I just really need to get a new cd player in the truck...

And speaking of cd players... Ok, so I guess I don't have anything to say about them.

Volleyball starts at the Y in three weeks! Got to watch a couple minuets of some college v-ball on FSN last night. Those girls are good.


music: "Angels Of The Silences" -- Counting Crows

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am sorry you do not have your monika anymore... i know what you mean about people not being at work anymore. Laurel is in stupid nodak now and there are others... :) your sister

Thu Sep 06, 12:26:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home