Thursday, October 25, 2007

the world is blowing up

Ok. So the Rockies lost last night. I kinda figured they would. I didn't want to say it, but hey...they were coming off an eight day break, Francis hadn't pitched in a real game in something like twelve days, and they were going up against Beckett whose post-season era is hovering right around 1 right now. I really didn't think the game would turn into the utter massacre that it turned out to be, but a loss is a loss. Right? Just gives them that much more motivation to win tonight!

Maybe we cursed them playing volleyball last night. We actually won our match, and won all three games in it too. We hadn't even won one game yet, let alone a match. Did we cause the Rocks to lose? I sincerily hope not. But there was definitely some strange shift in a random spectral vortex somewhere out there in the vast universe that was wreaking havoc last night. Good for us, bad for the Rockies.

And really, we just played a lot better last night than we had been. And the other team just felt like looking at the ball land in front of them on several plays and that always helps.

I kind of like this whole starting work at 8 thing instead of 6. I don't know what I was thinking last week.


music: "Gravedigger (acoustic)" -- Dave Matthews

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about the massacre, but I did not witness it despite being invited to a World Series Pizza Party. I chose to stay at home in my pajamas with Pushing Daisies, because that is what taking a sick day is all about.

And it worked! Because I'm healed! By the power of pajamas and PD combined, anything malady can be cured!

Thu Oct 25, 10:43:00 AM MDT  
Blogger Kathy said...

Congrat on the volleyball game. Maybe I really should stop playing since it seems like when I don't, things go well. Hmmmm...

Thu Oct 25, 12:00:00 PM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a full moon thursday night--jk

Fri Oct 26, 10:54:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home