Thursday, May 29, 2008

talking bird

Death Cab concert last night! Not my first time at Red Rocks, but definitely the first concert for me there! Pretty flipping awesome! We pretty much missed the entire set of the opening band, which sounded like they might be decent, but I wasn't too hurt about missing them. DCFC definitely made the night. They ended up playing like a five or six song encore (why doesn't every band do this?!), all old stuff that I didn't know. But I what I heard I for sure liked and am going to have to go invest in some of their old albums.

I love finding that I like bands that I thought that I didn't before. Just shows what the stupid radio stations can do to good music. So THANK YOU, Karen, for inviting me to the show! Had a great time!

And that's about all that's worth writing about right now. Have a good one.


music: "The Ice Is Getting Thinner" -- Death Cab For Cutie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome concert! Both Death Cab for Cutie and Rogue Wave were great.

The set list was:
Bixby Canyon Bridge
The New Year
Why You'd Want To Live Here
Photobooth
Long Division
Grapevine Fires
A Movie Script Ending
Soul Meets Body
I Will Follow You Into The Dark
I Will Possess Your Heart (Radio Edit)
Cath...
No Sunlight
Company Calls
Crooked Teeth
The Sound Of Settling
Marching Bands Of Manhattan

Encore:
Not sure (For What Reason?)
Title And Registration
Your New Twin Sized Bed
Expo '86
What Sarah Said
Transatlanticism

Rogue Wave's set list was:
Sewn Up
Like I Needed
Publish My Love
Love's Lost Guarantee
Eyes
Chicago X 12
Bird on a Wire
Lake Michigan
Harmonium

Thu May 29, 11:57:00 AM MDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't believe you're a closet blogger. I had no idea but this is definitely been entertaining to read. And of course the concert was awesome, you went with me!

Thu May 29, 12:52:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

Wow. Thanks for the set list, whoever posted that! Good to have.

Thu May 29, 04:25:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home