Thursday, March 29, 2007

i'd rather feel pain...

...than nothing at all.

I guess that is the theme for today.

My debit card was declined at the gas station this morning. All the display on the pump said was that the transaction was cancelled and to see the cashier. I was already almost running late and thought that it was probably just a problem with the pump, so I just left in disgust. Then, when I tried to pay for my lunch it was declined again. This time I know it has to actually be my account, as it has happened twice in the same day. At different places.

I go to my parents house after work. There is a little card sitting there from my bank saying that I have overdrawn on my account. On six transactions. They waived the fee on the first one, charged me for the last five. So I go down to my bank, as there was also a check that had come in the mail that I needed to deposit. Talked to the teller. He prints me out a transaction record for the last couple of weeks. It shows that I withdrew on my account a couple of days after the day that they had already sent me the little card for. Five transactions again. Yep. This means that I have fees totaling $330.

Went home and dug a little farther back than the two weeks he had showed me at the bank. Found out that I somehow had missed recording my last car insurance payment so it was indeed my fault that things weren't adding up. This makes me feel wonderful. Figure I may as well still give the customer service number a call and see if there is anything that they can do for me as far as reducing my fees. They say that the most that they can credit my account is $120. So I still end up paying $210 in fees. Means my account is still overdrawn until morning when my paycheck is deposited in there.

Sometimes I just really don't like myself a whole lot. This is probably the time of this year where I have the most expenses to pay on things that are pretty much going to be one time expenses, but they are all coming right now. And then I go and manage to get myself to give my bank 210 bucks just for fun.

But enough griping about money.

Got to go out last night with all the guys that I work with. Had a pretty good time. They got some crazy stories.

And my sister is coming on Monday! Good times.

Tomorrow is Friday. And payday.

Think I am going to go try to find where my dad decided to put all the movies that I still had here and forgot to take with me on Sunday when I was here. Then I am going to go home and throw some laundry in and watch a movie.

Oh, and I think that I can get insurance here in CO for cheaper than what I was paying in MS. Crazy. I was sure that I was going to end up paying more.

It snowed six inches here last night. Had to go change out of the shorts I had on for work today...


music: just the sound of my leg incessantly bouncing on the floor. that's what happens when I have a lot of nervous energy built up. think I may need to go for a run tonight, like my sister told me to do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think forgetting to write something down should translate into disliking yourself. I did the same thing when I went to England last year - came home to a stack of overdrafts because I'd written a check down as a deposit when I'd really just cashed it. Everyone does it.

Thu Mar 29, 09:55:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home