Saturday, March 24, 2007

they are all perfect

Just (well not just, but recently enough) watched The Last Samuri. Again. With the parents, which always makes for an interesting experience. Even with movies they have already seen.

Let me just say, every time I watch this movie it awes me. And this time I think I was picking up on things that I hadn't really noticed before. And I spent several parts of the movie wishing that I was watching it with some of the neat electronic components that I've been reading about in all those magazines lately. I think that it would make for a really incredible movie with some awesome surround sound to pick up all the subtle backround in the quieter scense (sp?) and along with a big, high def, flat screen to just make the picture pop. Guess I'll just have to wait on all that.

But really, if for some reason you haven't seen this movie, rent it, borrow it, check it out of your local public library if they do that, but whatever you do, watch it. It is truely amazing! And it's not just a big, bloody fight. There is a lot of time spent on story and backround.

That being said...I am going home and sleeping. I spent the day working for a couple of hours. Yes, I said that correctly and you're not reading it wrong. I was helping a guy I work with with a side job that he had to do today. He thought it would take a couple of hours this morning. And nine hours later we were done. So I'm going to go home now and try to catch up on some sleep that I somehow keep putting off, despite the fact that I keep waking up tired every morning and staying up later and later every night. But not tonight! Although, I may already be stuck with that just be default. I keep forgetting that the clock on this computer hasn't reset for daylight savings time and it is actually 11:30 right now and not 10:30 like the computer says it is. Grr.

music: Evanescence

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel bad because I haven't been leaving many comments lately. I do read you, I just...haven't felt commenty? I dunno.

Yay, Ken Watanabe.

Mon Mar 26, 03:06:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

Well Jess, you don't seem to be alone in the infrequent comments department. Although I think you have been leaving more than others lately. Probably cause I mention reading every so often, or something. But don't feel bad. My writing had been a little down, or off, or whatever lately. Least it seems that way to me. So not too suprising that the comments are down as well... It does seem a little strange for you to not be feeling commenty. You are usually just brimming with comments. Maybe I should get Adam to quest write a column for me. Maybe that would get you going again.

Mon Mar 26, 09:23:00 PM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home