Monday, June 09, 2008

long division

Monday. Afternoon. Definitely better than Monday morning. Although, as Monday mornings go, it wasn't one to complain about. Could have been, had I not realized that somehow my clock was an hour behind which would have made me an hour late for work. Always a good way to start out the week. But tragedy was avoided as somehow my sleepy brain realized it was too light outside to still be 5:40 like my clock was trying to tell me. All good.

Got to play a tiny bit of disc golf Sunday afternoon. Think we only played maybe seven holes. Didn't do wonderfly, but not horribly either. Guess that makes it bout average, huh. Was nice to be outside though. Gorgeous day. Then I went home and finally finished reading The Kite Runner. Pretty good book. I would say it was one of the better ones that I have read recently, but as it seems to be the only one I've read recently that really goes without saying. And the books I've read before it have been recommended by an excellant source (thanks Jess! i might be hitting you up for more suggestions soon. or now...) so basically all the books I've read in the last year or two have been well above average.

I guess I really didn't do a whole lot on Saturday. Except work at the store. And that really was actually kinda fun. Got to listen to a lot of music while I was there in the back and I had stuff to do that kept me busy but it wasn't crazy amounts of busy which was nice. And there were fun people there to work with and that always helps the time go by and makes it seem less like you are actually working on Saturday.

And, since it has been almost a week since I've posted I suppose I should throw in something about the rest of last week... Not really a whole lot happened on Wednesday or Thursday. At my regular job we actually started roughing a new house for once. This is what I did almost every day for the first seven or eight or nine months that I worked here. And I like it. But we haven't hardly done any of this for the last four or five or six months. So it was nice to actually be out there doing one and feeling like I actually put in a real days worth of work. Pretty much was exhausted by Friday afternoon, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Gave me a good excuse to take a nap before Friday night.
And I think that that's bout all I have to say about anything for now. Have a great Monday...night. Bye.


music: "You Can Do Better Than Me" -- DCFC

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Book rec!

The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. Twisted fairy tales. Dark, redemptive, brilliant.

Yay for four-hour conversations! Always excellent. :)

Sun Jun 15, 10:54:00 PM MDT  
Blogger klev said...

Jess, Thanks for the book rec! I will be sure to check it out. And yeah.

Mon Jun 16, 07:51:00 AM MDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home