Wednesday, February 21, 2007

thievery

What do you do when you arrive home from work one evening to discover that your laptop, dvd player, printer, and a diamond engagement ring have been stolen? I think I was a little...what's the word I'm looking for here, oh yes...pissed off! And that lasted for a good couple of hours.

But here's the incredible part. I decided that I didn't want to stay at my house after this, so I was driving up to my parents house. Just before I got there, I got a call from one of my special auts up in MN. I usually don't get to talk to her very often, so it was great just to get to chat with her for a couple minutes and unload a little bit of the junk that had been building up. Then, this morning while I was getting ready for work I started to think about it all again and about the fact that it could be a long day at work if I let myself just stew on the situation all day. So instead, I decided to try to text a couple friends and focus on them a little bit instead of what was going on with me. And it was great. I got to say hi to a couple friends that I don't get to talk to as often as I would like, and I wasn't thinking about me anymore.

And I really didn't have a whole lot of time to think of anything but work at work, and by my drive home I was still in a suprisingly good mood. Granted, that was helped by the little chat I had with my boss, the owner of the company, at the end of the day where he said he was glad I was working for them. That's always a nice thing to hear.

And stragely, I'm not as distraught as I think I should be about a Tiff & Co. engagement ring being stolen. I am almost just glad that it is gone. By whatever means. Yes, it would have been nice to get some $$ for it, but it's gone. And that almost seems like the more important piece of information for my brain to deal with right now. If that makes any sense at all.

I know I am most upset not about the computer, but what was on the computer. All the pictures especially. And a few other files I had on it that just really can't be replaced. That is what gets me most about all this when I think about it.

But oh well. Right? It's just stuff. I still have a whole lifetime ahead of me to replace it all and make new pictures. Right? Right. Right. Right.

And this will all make for a great story one day.

Seems like I remember saying that somewhere before...


music: "Song For You" -- Michael Buble (featuring Chris Botti)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness! That's awful! If I lost all the files on my computer, I think I'd cry for days.

Wed Feb 21, 09:04:00 PM MST  
Blogger klev said...

Yeah. I think I am going to become a big fan of the old backup file system.

Thu Feb 22, 08:26:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home